Dismemberment Plan Resembled



This song represents a musical dream come true; one of top five favorite bands, The Dismemberment Plan, has reformed after a 7 or 8 year hiatus and writing new music. In college, I had the privilege of seeing the group preform four times and each concert was a pure-joy bomb. And as you may recall, I once listed their album "Emergency and I" as one of the top 15 albums that had a profound effect on my life.

A few months back the Plan played Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and it was the most bittersweet experience. The crowd was jamming to their tune "The City" and I was so happy to see them in action, but kind of sad that it's been 10 years since I saw them live. Thankfully they're playing a string of dates, so it's probably only a matter of time before they hit the road for real and I get to see the guys I once asked to play my wedding.

D-Plan frontman Travis Morrison and myself at Gabes around 2003.
D-Plan Bassist Eric Axelson and I at the same Gabes show.


Many of you may be saying "But Pat, I thought the Presidents are your favorite band?" Well I guess the truth is my favorite anything is always a moving target, but between the years of 2002 and 2005, I was a D-Plan man. Besides being the coolest guys in indie rock, the group shares the rock experience like few others. That's me dancing the fool onstage during the Plan's finale. I've jumped on stage at every show I've attended and hopefully there will be many more stages to share, now that the Plan is back in action. Their new album -Uncanny Valley- drops October 15 and I will rocking that bad boy until my phone melts down.

Now if only the Plan would play more shows...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Morra is an Idiot

This book should not exist

Top 10 Things of 2019